This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Device for experimental physics teachers
Hey,

Quote:However, we were not using an iPhone to make these measurements. All of them were made on Fred's Android phone.

mh ok, I though the limitation of packets per event was due to iOS, now I wonder why Android is not using 6 packages per event. 

Quote:we managed to reach 115Hz, which is the Nano Sense's accelerometer frequency!

115Hz is the default sample rate. The IMU is able to go up to 952Hz ;-) It looks like all configuration are more or less hardcoded in the official Arduino Library for the LSM9DS1. See here in line 72-76: https://github.com/arduino-libraries/Ard...SM9DS1.cpp

Might be worth it to add some more features to this library to adjust the rate/accuracy to the specific experiment!

Quote:Do you think it will soon be released in a stable version of the library?

The "problem" is that we would like to provide a library which works the same (as far as possible)  on different platforms. This means i have to add this feature first to the ESP32 / Arduino IoT. I dont know yet if this is easy to add there aswell. On the otherside I dont think it is bad at all if we release such small features one after another. Anyway I will discuss this with Sebastian!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Device for experimental physics teachers - by Dominik Dorsel - 09-14-2020, 02:42 PM