This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Driven oscillation and resonance with neodym
(02-14-2022, 12:38 PM)Jens Noritzsch Wrote: I thought that with the dual tone generator it is a fixed frequency and a sweep – brief frequency range, of course. It required certainly more though. Thanks for your important remark…

I don't have equipment to measure how slow you can make the beat but I can easily hear 0.1 Hz beats at both high and low component frequencies.

I can also see the loudspeaker membrane (and neodym magnet as in picture) vibrate at very low frequencies like 5 Hz, and see the beat from component 5.9 Hz + 6 Hz signals.

So I guess there are two sweeps to program, one where the beat frequency is fixed (e.g. 0.5 Hz to surely be below the base frequency of a given mass+spring) and the other where beat frequency goes from let's say 0.5 to 100 Hz. The former (fixed) to find the frequency where you get the strongest magnetic field to pull the mass+spring and the latter to get the what you want: the full resonance spectrum of a given mass+spring.

Didn't have time to send the beat signal through the diode bridge yet.

Best regards.

//Erik

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driven oscillation and resonance with neodym - by Erik Josefsson - 02-15-2022, 02:38 AM