This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

sending data to a web server
Hello,

I am still playing with the server, and I hit a behavior which I think is not intentional from phyphox....

I used the program that is posted above. This program defines a run time experiment of 5 seconds, starting after a delay of 2 seconds. The web connection is defined with an interval of 4.9 seconds. So a data is sent at t=0 and at t=4.9. The first one is empty and is disregard by the server. So far so good, this is the situation that was discussed above.

I had some strange behaviors when I run twice the experiment consecutively: Instead of 2 data, I had 3! If I wait a bit before starting the experiment again, then I only received the expected 2 data on the server.

The program sends to the server not only the data (which is emptied after being sent) but also the time (which is not). Here are the value of the times for one of my tests:
[ [0], [4.9110000000000005], [0], [1.540000000000001], [4.923]]

The [0] and the [4.9] values are expected, the [1.5] one is surprising. My hypothesis is that this 1.5s data is the third connexion from the first run, happening during the second run. (I guess I needed 1.4 s to hit the run button after the end of the first run, then there was a 2 seconds delay, then the experiment ran for 1.5 second and we are about 4.9 seconds later than the previous connexion from the first run. This extra connexion happening after the end of an experiment, but only if a new experiment is running looks like and unwanted feature...

I think I will be able to get rid of it by adding additional tests, but maybe it could be fixed in phyphox?

If you have some new thoughts on how to send only one data after a given time, I am interested!

Thank you,

Fred

Messages In This Thread
sending data to a web server - by fbouquet - 10-31-2022, 05:03 PM
RE: sending data to a web server - by fbouquet - 11-03-2022, 04:05 PM
RE: sending data to a web server - by fbouquet - 02-06-2023, 04:51 PM
RE: sending data to a web server - by fbouquet - 02-07-2023, 06:34 PM
RE: sending data to a web server - by fbouquet - 10-17-2023, 04:40 PM
RE: sending data to a web server - by fbouquet - 10-18-2023, 01:32 PM
RE: sending data to a web server - by fbouquet - 04-17-2024, 11:20 AM
RE: sending data to a web server - by fbouquet - 04-17-2024, 03:21 PM