This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Apple no raw data in audio autocorrelation
Hi,

I gave students an at-home experiment guide. They use the audio autocorrelation module to measure the wavelength of a sound wave.
We send out a soundwave with a single frequency. the phone picks this up and plots the graph. Then the students move their phone further away from the speaker. If you use the raw data, the graph also moves. That way we can measure the wavelength of the soundwave that we send out.
They need to use the raw data for this, since otherwise the graph won't move when they move their phones.

On Apple products however, the raw data graph does not show anything or it flickers. This makes it impossible to do this experiment.
The regular autocorrelation seems to work fine, the issue is specifically with the raw data.

Are there others who have had this issue? Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance
Thanks for the information. I experience the same issue. I ping Sebastian to look into it…