This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Fixed graph size and position instead of aspect ratio
Hi Sebastian,

thanks for your fast answer, but I do not mean the axis ranges (minY,...) or the zoom in the data. I really mean the screen area, that is used by the graph. I'm aware of the fact, that different phones will show the data in another way.

The only option for displaying the graph in the editor ist the aspect ratio (e.g. 2.5). That means, that the width of the borders of the graph are 2.5 times of the height of the borders. That means, if there are values on the y-axis, the border of the graph begins right of it. But while buffering and calculating, the values at the axis (and therefore the length of the used place by it) change, especially when it shows no values on the axis while refreshing the image. When there are no values at the axis, the left border of the graph goes as far to the left, as it can (right beside the axis name). When new data is calculated, it springs back to the first position. This causes a continuously changing of the size of the frame of the graph.

So it would be perfect, if one could say, that the total width of the graph is e.g. 80% of the screen width and the whole graph is fixed in the top right corner. So the values of the y-axis could change, without causing the changes of the actual screen area taken by the graph.

I try to add some pictures in my original post, perhaps they help to understand my problem. Unfortunately I am not able to upload a video of the screen capture of the iPad.

Perhaps you can also contact me per PM in german, this might be easier.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fixed graph size and position instead of aspect ratio - by Patrick - 09-23-2018, 07:22 PM