This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Measurement of the resonance curve (Acoustics)
A simple fix apparently is 1 –> 2 in
Code:
        <if less="true" equal="true" greater="false">
            <input as="a" clear="false">run</input>
            <input as="b" type="value">2</input>
            <input as="true" clear="false">fft2500</input>
            <input as="false" clear="false">FFTaverage</input>
            <output as="result">FFTaverage</output>
        </if>

However, the number of runs is off by two then. I am a bit unsure how to properly fix it as the analysis block is run like

1. on initialisation, before tapping play,
  2. after tapping play, without audio data,
  3. and higher: “regular” runs are starting
The “cycle” attribute looks like a quick fix. A proper solution would be checking the buffer length if there is sufficient data for a first run…
Dear Jens,
I just have found this problem. A new version has to be published where this bag is corrected.
Hi,
I have added the following before the block shown by Jens and it works:

<!-- 2023 -->
<count>
            <input as="buffer" clear="false">fft2500</input>
            <output as="count">count</output>
</count>
        <if less="true" equal="true" greater="false">
            <input as="a" clear="false">count</input>
            <input as="b" type="value">0</input>
            <input as="true" type="value">0</input>
            <input as="false" clear="false">run</input>
            <output as="result">run</output>
        </if>
So run remains zero until appearance of fft2500...

Example is a tube of 23 cm length with open ends.

Best
Mikhail

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.phyphox   resonance_white_FFT2500c.phyphox (Size: 5.4 KB / Downloads: 124)
Hm… I still obtain “Runs 1” before I tap play, both on Android and iOS. Is this on purpose?
I am also surprised where it comes from...
Dear @solid,

thank you for the wonderful experiment. I tried as acoustic resonator and it worked perfectly. Both, the sweep option and the FFT.
Then i thought, this could be wonderful for High-/Lowpassfilter with RC. I built one with C=100nF and R=1000Ω.
I can measure the damping (see attached) figure with an oscilloscope, but didn't suceeded with an audio option.
My idea was to use a 3.5 mm 4-conductor and use and audio chanel R and the microphone pin AUX.
But no success. Sometimes it was misinterpreted by the phone as signal to reduce the volume.

Have anyone an idea?

Dear J-Almer,

maybe your smartphone is too modern, it is better to use old models for this experiment. Your proposition worked perfectly well. I have chosen  R = 10 kOhm and C = 0.1 µF for the characteristic frequency 1/RC = 1 kHz.