This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Measurement of the resonance curve (Acoustics)
Well, the current version is indeed 1.1.9, beta is at 1.1.10 though… Wink

@icarochiabai2: could you please attach the device info gathered by phyphox. Submitting to our sensor database (at the very bottom of the menu) would be also great. Statistics are still rather low for “moto e(7) plus”…

Thanks.
(10-03-2021, 05:15 PM)Jens Noritzsch Wrote: Well, the current version is indeed 1.1.9, beta is at 1.1.10 though… Wink

@icarochiabai2: could you please attach the device info gathered by phyphox. Submitting to our sensor database (at the very bottom of the menu) would be also great. Statistics are still rather low for “moto e(7) plus”…

Thanks.

For sure. I submitted and here's one of the device info gathered in a successful run and device info available in the menu. Also, actually it's moto e(7), not moto e(7) plus, sorry for saying it wrong :/

Attached Files
.txt   device.txt (Size: 2.61 KB / Downloads: 298)
.txt   device info menu.txt (Size: 3.14 KB / Downloads: 313)
Unfortunately, I could not find a crash report for the moto e(7) on the Google Play Console, but I have seen a suprising high number of crashes related to the audio output with sounds that are directly calculated in the experiment configuration (i.e. not using the newer tone generator). Are you using the configuration from the first post in this thread or one of the newer ones? I think, that this is the newest version by solid: https://phyphox.org/forums/showthread.ph...19#pid2319

If it is the old version from the first post, then I think that I have found the problem. The crash report is giving me a headache and I did not yet fully understand it, but the good news is that the new version (see link above) should not be affect, so you should be able to do your measurements with the new version.

If it is the new version, then please tap the "send feedback" button (or similar) when Android shows the dialog that the app has crashed. This way I should soon see details in the Google Play Console.
(10-05-2021, 05:09 PM)Sebastian Staacks Wrote: Unfortunately, I could not find a crash report for the moto e(7) on the Google Play Console, but I have seen a suprising high number of crashes related to the audio output with sounds that are directly calculated in the experiment configuration (i.e. not using the newer tone generator). Are you using the configuration from the first post in this thread or one of the newer ones? I think, that this is the newest version by solid: https://phyphox.org/forums/showthread.ph...19#pid2319

If it is the old version from the first post, then I think that I have found the problem. The crash report is giving me a headache and I did not yet fully understand it, but the good news is that the new version (see link above) should not be affect, so you should be able to do your measurements with the new version.

If it is the new version, then please tap the "send feedback" button (or similar) when Android shows the dialog that the app has crashed. This way I should soon see details in the Google Play Console.

Yes, I was using the old version... The QR Code given to me wasn't the newest version, this new one works just fine. It's a shame because the due date it's now over and I couldn't make good measurements, but the experiment is so much fun to do. Thanks for the support!
Oh no. Sad We are deeply sorry about that — happy though that you are still enjoying it.

Good news: Sebastian has apparently found the bug in our audio system causing all this. Thank you for your help in getting to the roots of it.
Bravo Sebastian !!! Heart

Dear users, do not use old versions of the program ! Cool
Big Grin

… please take those in https://phyphox.org/forums/showthread.ph...19#pid2319 instead.
Hi, 

This semester I´m teaching a physics lab course at the undergrad level and have been trying to involve the use of phyphox where I can for the lab-at-home experiments (we are still teaching virtual). 
I wanted to say special thanks to ´Solid`for the two experiments he shared as they were exactly what I was looking for to design our lab practical on resonating air columns which students could do from their homes. Of course also thanks to the phyphox team as well not just for the app but also constantly updating and making the beta version available with improvements.

Initially I was combining the use of phyphox sound amplitude experiment with a separate web based frequency tone sweep generator, using two phones, but the experiments from Solid were much more convenient, specially the FFT with the accumulated runs, which by the way is also quite useful to use it muted in order to record and accumulate external sounds. In fact, one of my students is using it like that for his end of semester project to record accumulated FFTs of instrument notes (which are convenient to play a couple of times to get good signal to noise ratios).

Here I´m sharing some of the results from a couple of my students from an experiment that could be of interest for others here. Besides doing the simple FFT measurement of a open/closed tube, I had them explore how the frequency spectrum evolved as a function of the effective tube length, which can be achieved simply by adding fixed amounts of water volumes to the tube and taking/saving a new FFT each time (see attached images for effective length vs frequency). After all data has been taken then one can put it all together in 3D image plots. I thought it was a pretty nice way for students to see how each resonant mode evolved with reducing tube lengths. 

Cheers,

Esteban

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Esteban, very good idea and very nice 3D plots!

With Brest wishes.
Mikhail
FYI, the upcoming/new version 1.1.11 breaks “resonance_white_FFT2500b.phyphox”: the average is not shown anymore.

At least, we succeeded in getting rid of differences between Android and iOS phyphox: now it is not working on both platforms… :-> I am aware that (at least) one other .phyphox file existed in the forum where the analysis block has not resulted in identical behaviour – just which?