This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

High resolution frequency detektor
Hi,
great tool ..  
I was trying to detect small frequency variations with my android and here is my feature request:
A high resolution frequency detector
Autocorrelation and FFT based solutions are limited by the samplerate and sample size, one would be the reciproque counting method.

But there are even better methods: sine fitting
EVALUATION OF A STANDARDIZED SINE WAVE FIT ALGORITHM
Peter Händel
Abstract:
The IEEE Standard 1057 provides algorithms for fitting the parameters of a sine wave to noisy discrete time observations....

Or doing some more math on a FFT like:
https://forums.ni.com/ni/attachments/ni/.../tm3bb.ppt
found in
https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Extract...348#M83640

works great in LabVIEW, but I don't know what is protected in that part....

Both method prefer sine like signals but also work on everything that is periodic Smile
(one could apply a bandpass before)  

My experiments are measure small frequency changes in a LC oscillator .. and detect small changes in µ_r or C ... 
(and try to power the circuit from the mic bias .. ;Wink )  

Regards
Henrik
Thanks for the suggestion. I intended to implement some other methods for a while now, but never got around to it. I will bump it up a little bit on my todo list, but not yet sure when I will get to it. (This is something that could easily be contributed to our open source project as a new analysis module by someone who can write Java and/or Swift, just saying Wink )