This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Question about the phyphox file format
(04-17-2020, 04:02 PM)Jens Noritzsch Wrote: I have tried to reproduce this (test_analysis.phyphox, iOS and iPadOS 13.4.1), however, it appears that I get the expected result:
  • on entering the experiment it displays “Index: 0,00”,
  • on start it increments by 1,00 each second,
  • on stop it keeps the value,
  • on restart it continues incrementing by 1,00 each second.
The only thing that does not look quite right is that the current value is still displayed if I delete the data. Nevertheless, on start the first value after one second is 1,00. Leaving and reentering the experiment fully resets the data, i.e. back to “Index: 0,00”…

Could you please post your PhyPhoX and Android versions.

Thank you for testing!

I am running phyphox 1.1.5 (file format 1.9) on an android 8.1.0

running the experiment test_analysis.phyphox that is posted above, I have:
  • on entering the experiment it displays "index: 1.00"
  • on start it jumps to 2 instantaneously, then increments by 1 each second,
  • on stop it keeps the value,
  • on restart it jumps to the next value instantaneously, then increments by 1 each second
  • on deleting the data, the index value is briefly shown at 0 then it jumps at 1. When restarting the experiment, it jumps at 2, then increments by 1 each second
To be sure that I was using exactly the same program than you, I downloaded the version from the forum before doing the above tests.

To verify that the "jump instantaneously" was not an error of my sense, I changed the running time of the analysis section from 1 to 3 second, and everything I wrote above is still valid, except that the increment time is now 3 s of course. (program attached, same name).

So not all versions behave similarly?

Strange...

Cheers,

Fred

Attached Files
.phyphox   test_analysis.phyphox (Size: 768 bytes / Downloads: 387)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question about the phyphox file format - by fbouquet - 04-17-2020, 04:37 PM