This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Multimeter reader
1. Use phone camera to convert a multimeter display to a series of data points, with varying time interval. 
2. Same as above but allow simultaneous capture of multiple multimeter displays 

Phone could then be mounted above multimeters to allow for nice data processing of almost continuous data. Great for capacitor discharge, cooling curves, internal resistance, etc.

So, for example, if your camera was pointing at the multimeter shown below, it would store the number 21. The important idea is that the values are stored as a time series, so that you can analyse how data is changing over time.

[Image: 20170916180922_32799.jpg]<multimeter displaying the value 021>
While I would like to have a function like this, I don't think that we will implement this, simply because this will be a quite complex thing to implement. So, you will probably have to look for a BLE multimeter to work with phyphox.
(11-25-2018, 10:49 PM)Sebastian Staacks Wrote: While I would like to have a function like this, I don't think that we will implement this, simply because this will be a quite complex thing to implement. So, you will probably have to look for a BLE multimeter to work with phyphox.

Ahh, OK. Thanks for the reply though. We love phyhox and we are planning ways to use it as part of our teaching. Great job guys.
I have been found of reading books and articles on different topics to enhance my knowledge about electricals. You have posted a wonderful and full of a knowledge article. I have acquired a lot of knowledge from your article. This article is very important to me. Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge with us. Please keep it up with new updates and stay blessed.
<a href="https://yagionline.com/product/site-pro-1-wcl6" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"> Site Pro 1 </a>
Someone did this using a raspberry pi
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...58#p434782

Whether a pi could send data back to phyphox...
Did anyone come across an app for reading multimeters using the camera? I only found apps for reading the power meter, but these only accept one reading per day :-(
(04-19-2020, 02:03 PM)Physikator Wrote: Did anyone come across an app for reading multimeters using the camera? I only found apps for reading the power meter, but these only accept one reading per day :-(
Do you use "vion auto detection"?
The request has been about an ocr style multimeter reading functionality. – Is “vion” still a thing?
(05-08-2020, 12:12 PM)Jens Noritzsch Wrote: The request has been about an ocr style multimeter reading functionality. – Is “vion” still a thing?

I didn'd find anything about "vion" -- is that an app, a framework or something else?
“vion” was* a bluetooth multimeter project on kickstarter (*judging by the comments)