This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Data from sound spectrum experiment
I have also experiences the 65536 rows limit that is the limit of a .xls file.

I have done a .csv export and stored the file in iCloud. This results in
Code:
$ wc Raw\ data\ SE.csv
720000  720002 11159818 Raw data SE.csv

If I really wanted to visualize this data, I would try to get rid of some data by taking every n-th value. You need to add an appropriate time column then and could use your favorite tool.

My (mis)understanding has been that you would like to further analyze the raw data, by some own program or whatever…

I am currently at bit at loss. Please find attached the .phyphox source. You could unfortunately change the rate just to 8k minimum – and it is not necessarily respected by each OS. Then it is still too much data to fit in a .xls. :/

Attached Files
.phyphox   Audio Raw Data.phyphox (Size: 1.01 KB / Downloads: 388)
(05-30-2020, 11:28 PM)Jens Noritzsch Wrote: I have also experiences the 65536 rows limit that is the limit of a .xls file.

I have done a .csv export and stored the file in iCloud. This results in
Code:
$ wc Raw\ data\ SE.csv
720000  720002 11159818 Raw data SE.csv

If I really wanted to visualize this data, I would try to get rid of some data by taking every n-th value. You need to add an appropriate time column then and could use your favorite tool.

My (mis)understanding has been that you would like to further analyze the raw data, by some own program or whatever…

I am currently at bit at loss. Please find attached the .phyphox source. You could unfortunately change the rate just to 8k minimum – and it is not necessarily respected by each OS. Then it is still too much data to fit in a .xls. :/
Thank you very much for your patience in answering my doubts.

I also found that 65536 is the limitation of XLS text. I suggest that phyphox can support the xlsx text export format in the future, so that the output data can be far more than 65536.
I also found that some devices do not support 8K frequency yesterday. But now I only sample 5 seconds of data, so I can achieve the same sampling rate and output data. Big Grin

Thank you very much for your enthusiasm and patience. It helps me a lot. The editor of HYPOX is also a great function