This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Resting heart rate using the accelerometer
I recently attempted to measure my heart rate using the accelerometer sensor.

You can see the output I recorded by clicking on the twitter link below. As a teacher, I will use it to show the importance of measuring a large number of cycles to get the best average.

Also impressed that the trace appears to have many of the features which show up on an ECG although I am not trained to know this for sure.

https://twitter.com/bhasvicphysics/statu...9400263681

As you can see from some of the comments on the above tweet , others have had success using phyphox pendulum and spring experiments to measure the heart rate.

Pete

A level physics teacher
Thanks, Peter, for putting it here.

Welcome to our forum.
(08-19-2020, 08:54 PM)Jens Noritzsch Wrote: Thanks, Peter, for putting it here.

Welcome to our forum.

Thanks Jens - just starting to explore the phyphox app, as I'm sure many other teachers are doing.