This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

GPS Disabled on Android
Hello!
Simple problem, really: when I try to record an experiment with the "Location (GPS)" sensor, the status always says "GPS Disabled." This is despite the fact that my phone's GPS is switched on and the app has permission to use it.
Interestingly, it does still record longitude and latitude coordinates, but no other data. Any thoughts as to what might be causing this?
I am using a Galaxy S7 with Android ver. 7.
Thank you very much!
If I remember correctly, Android 7 still had an option to control the precision and power consumption of location services. All this effectively does is that you can disable GPS and still allow the phone to get a (less precise) location fix from the cellular network. So, if I am right, GPS is turned off, but location services are still available.

Please, look into your phone settings and make sure that "Location mode" is set to "high accuracy" or "device only".
(07-30-2021, 09:13 AM)Sebastian Staacks Wrote: If I remember correctly, Android 7 still had an option to control the precision and power consumption of location services. All this effectively does is that you can disable GPS and still allow the phone to get a (less precise) location fix from the cellular network. So, if I am right, GPS is turned off, but location services are still available.

Please, look into your phone settings and make sure that "Location mode" is set to "high accuracy" or "device only".

Perfect, this was the answer. Location was set to battery-saving.
Thank you very much!