This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Public Beta 1.1.0-beta3
Finally, the public beta has started on Android. You can easily join try out this version by following this link:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/de....en.phyphox

With this link you can change the settings of your Google Play Account to decide if you want to receive the regular or the beta version of phyphox through Google's Play Store. So, you will need to log in and once you have switched to the beta version, your phone will automatically update phyphox to the beta version through Google Play.

Please do not use this version in class, as crashes and problems can be expected.

Also, please use this forum for feedback and let us know about any problem or bug you find in this version.

The most important new features, that you can look for are:
  • Bluetooth Low Energy support
  • Interactive graphs (zooming, picking points, linear fit)
  • Multi-line plots, bar charts and color plots (can for example be seen in raw data experiments, in spectrum experiments, the new applause meter or the acoustic stopwatch)
  • Open experiments from zip files or QR codes
The full changelog (or the preliminary one for version 1.1.0) can be found in our wiki:
https://phyphox.org/wiki/index.php?title...tory#1.1.0

Some of these features are difficult to test without additional info (Bluetooth devices and QR codes). Please have a look at this forum as I will give more information and testing instruction during the next weeks.

iOS version
There will be no public beta testing on iOS because Apple does not support public testing. However, once we have completed the iOS version, we will be looking for volunteers to do a closed beta test.

Update 18.11.2018
This is mostly like 1.1.0-beta2, but we needed to increase the versionCode to make sure that the version is not replaced by a new non-beta release.

Update 23.10.2018
Changes in 1.1.0-beta2:
  • Fix truncated file names when exporting from remote access
  • Fix inelastic collision experiment only working after pressing "reset"
  • Improve magnetic ruler for longer measurements
  • Fix button alignment of "add experiment" menu on older devices
  • Fix loading experiments from URLs without query strings
  • Fix: After picking a point on graphs with multiple datasets, the focus may jump back to the first dataset
Wow! Great improvement!

I just tested the new features on graphs, so I can already point out a potential problem: once you activate the linear fit, the box sits on the screen and that's ok. However, there is no mean to make it disappear (or, at least, I could not easily spot it).

Thank you.
I think I found a problem in the experiment "Frequency history". In it, the interactive graph for the period has the option of linear fit which doesn't work for me as it returns "NaN" for 'a' and 'b'. The interactive graph of the frequency in the same experiment does not have the option of linear fit.

(09-07-2018, 09:32 AM)organtin Wrote: I just tested the new features on graphs, so I can already point out a potential problem: once you activate the linear fit, the box sits on the screen and that's ok. However, there is no mean to make it disappear (or, at least, I could not easily spot it).

Me too could not find such an option. You can hide a linear fit by closing and reopening the interactive graph.
(09-07-2018, 09:32 AM)organtin Wrote: I just tested the new features on graphs, so I can already point out a potential problem: once you activate the linear fit, the box sits on the screen and that's ok. However, there is no mean to make it disappear (or, at least, I could not easily spot it).

Hm... I see the problem. At the moment, you can remove it by switching to the data point picking tool and taping at an empty spot. But I should probably turn the fit option into a checkbox, so it can be deselected to remove it.

(09-08-2018, 06:59 PM)Sepehr Ahvaz Wrote: I think I found a problem in the experiment "Frequency history". In it, the interactive graph for the period has the option of linear fit which doesn't work for me as it returns "NaN" for 'a' and 'b'. The interactive graph of the frequency in the same experiment does not have the option of linear fit.

The first is a bug, indeed. Have to check it, but I already suspect that it is because of "NaN" datapoints (any frequency outside a specific range, which happens quite often in this plot) which the fit routine needs to ignore. The second one is by design, because at least at the moment we do not support a linear fit for logarithmic data.
(09-08-2018, 07:33 PM)Sebastian Staacks Wrote: The first is a bug, indeed. Have to check it, but I already suspect that it is because of "NaN" datapoints (any frequency outside a specific range, which happens quite often in this plot) which the fit routine needs to ignore. The second one is by design, because at least at the moment we do not support a linear fit for logarithmic data.

Thank you.
I checked it on a different device and still, the linear fit feature for that specific graph doesn't work as it should.

Not a bug, but the two YouTube video links in the top right menu of the experiment Acoustic Stopwatch have duplicates in the Experiment info window.
(09-09-2018, 07:28 PM)Sepehr Ahvaz Wrote: Not a bug, but the two YouTube video links in the top right menu of the experiment Acoustic Stopwatch have duplicates in the Experiment info window.

Not a bug indeed. At some point we introduced an attribute "highlight" that makes some links more prominent by placing them in the menu as well. This is usually set for all video links (although I am not sure if many users notice them in the menu.)

Update 23.10.2018

Changes in 1.1.0-beta2:
  • Fix truncated file names when exporting from remote access
  • Fix inelastic collision experiment only working after pressing "reset"
  • Improve magnetic ruler for longer measurements
  • Fix button alignment of "add experiment" menu on older devices
  • Fix loading experiments from URLs without query strings
  • Fix: After picking a point on graphs with multiple datasets, the focus may jump back to the first dataset

If you are already part of the beta test, Google Play should update to this version automatically soon.
Hi, is it possible to do acceleration vibration measuring in mm/s?
Please do not cross post in our forum, https://phyphox.org/forums/showthread.ph...29#pid1529. Find an answer over there.