This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Upsampling of LiDAR data
I did some work with Apple's LiDAR sensor this past year that is now published in the journal Sensors (https://www.mdpi.com/1424-8220/23/18/7832). My colleagues and I discovered that the true sample rate from the LiDAR sensors is 15 Hz, but it is upsampled to 60 Hz to match the frame rate of the RGB video in Apple's sensor fusion pipeline. We were working with the full-field depth map using StrayScanner, but this issue also affects PhyPhox data. The upsampling ultimately produces aliases if you are using the LiDAR time series to identify natural frequencies, as I have been. While a user can downsample the data after collecting data, it might be more valuable to your users to downsample the LiDAR time series within Phyphox.
Oh, great, thanks for (immediately) sharing. Are you aware of a similar study of the Face ID sensor? The API provides 30 Hz here…
(09-13-2023, 10:32 PM)Jens Noritzsch Wrote: Oh, great, thanks for (immediately) sharing. Are you aware of a similar study of the Face ID sensor? The API provides 30 Hz here…

I haven't investigated the Face ID sensor yet, but I suspect it has a similar issue. I intend to perform similar work to identify its limitations.