This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Trying to modify "Acoustic Stopwatch" to stop times with a button press too
Hi,
I`m in the process of making m,y first own experiment for use in a class.

I am trying to modify the "Acoustic Stopwatch" Experiment to only count the first sound as a signat and have the rest of the time mesurements by a button (first a Sound to sync all the phones and then to measure something with a group of people).
I downloaded the file from the editor to change things in Visual Studio ( I havent done much visual Programming, so the online Editor kind of confuses me.

I am confused by how to get right time values into the Buffers for times t1-t5. I tried just setting the first one with

<button label="Stop!">
        <input>t</input>
        <output>t1</output>
</button>

But that button doesnt Seem to Stop the count or to save t1.

Can someone help me with this please?

If I understand the code correctly, the differentiate function is used to find spikes in the audio and those are used to calculate the times. So just reading a button press should be easier, but I cant get it to work...

Thanks for your time and have a nice day!

EDIT:

I managed to get a minimum working example going with just Button Presses, now I just need to get the Synchronisation via Sound on the first one going.

I attatched my MWE below in case anyone else has a simmular Problem Smile

Attached Files
.phyphox   Gemeinsames s-t Diagramm.phyphox (Size: 6.11 KB / Downloads: 51)
Thanks for sharing. (Don't forget to correct for the sound propagation time… Wink)