Version 1.0.9 was just published to address a range of minor problems (we are still working on the big update with Bluetooth and interactive Graphs). This most important fixes of this update address crashes related to the remote access on iOS. Thanks to everybody who reported these bugs.
Changes on Android and iOS
- Location (GPS) experiment now calculates the distance travelled.
- Pendulum experiment shows a genreic results page first.
- Minor optimizations of remote access communication.
- Minor optimizations of text in experiments.
- Fix: Inclination experiment now resumes at correct timestamp.
- Fix: Jittery axis in roll experiment.
Changes on Android
- Allow installation on external storage.
- Added some MIME types to allow opening phyphox files from more third-party apps.
- Correct GPS height from WGS84 ellipsoid to geoid if possible.
- Adaptive Icons for Android 8.0.
- Fix: Order of external links now matches definition in custom experiments.
- Fix: Rotation lock ignored in main menu.
Changes on iOS
- Wider text fields.
- Icon-Positioning in tool bar no longer optimized by the app as this lead to problems on some iOS 11 versions.
- Remove subject text when sharing data or screenshots as this generates multiple files in iOS and leads to more trouble than it’s worth.
- Fix: Crash when using the remote access in hotspot mode.
- Fix: Crash when saving a saved state a second time.
- Fix: Crash when activating remote access while port 80 is already in use.
- Fix: Crash when the system does not support an audio rate of 48 kHz (for example when using AirPlay).
- Fix: Crash when external link has not been translated in custom experiment.
- Fix: Highlighted link not visible if not translated.
- Fix: Some sensors do not produce data on iPods (fix not tested).