Version 1.1.6 is rolling out with a white noise and dual tone generator plus many cute little improvements.
Changes on Android and iOS
- Audio spectrum now allows generating white noise.
- Tone generator supports dual tone generation.
- When leaving an experiment that ran for more than 10 seconds, phyphox shows a confirmation dialog.
- Improved stability of start detection on sonar (especially for iOS).
- New “config” endpoint in the REST API (remote access) to allow reading buffer, input and export configuration.
- Background slightly darker (the increasing number of apps with dark-mode make our old colors look “washed out”).
- Improved units for slopes (i.e. m/s²/s becomes m/s³ and m/s² / rad/s² becomes m).
- Fix: Quotation marks in value element mapping break remote access.
Changes on Android
- Direct config transmission via Bluetooth now also accepts plain xml.
- Set manifest attribute to allow unencrypted http.
- Fix broken screenshot for interactive/fullscreen graphs.
- Fix crash if time output of location input is not used.
- Fix crash for graph axes with precision 0 or 1 on Samsung S6 due to Java bug https://bugs.java.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6469160.
- Allow using vendor-specific pressure sensor if detected by name.
- Prevent infinite loop in periodicity analysis module.
- Fix: Graph forgets zoom state after screen off / app switch / scroll to far tab.
- Fix: Cannot subscribe to characteristic on Chrome OS.
- Fix: Edit field does not respond to update from other user inputs.
- Make static buffers properly unwritable to prevent unexpected behavior by writing from modules with mixed outputs and to allow initializing them from external sources like Bluetooth.
- Fix crash if finished network request is reported to not visible button.
- Fix crash if models use 2D sensor data.
Changes on iOS
- Prevent duplicate additions to the experiment collection
- Share queue among data input of sensors, BLE, GPS and the analysis process to avoid receiving input data during the execution of an analysis seqeuence.
- Major changes in analysis cycle logic to be closer to Android version: Analysis is run periodically regardless of sensor input, there is a run before start, “onUserInput” is used as documented, input clear is done before writing the output.
- Fix: Access error when opening configuration from “files” app.
- Fix: No output on abs channel for 1D sensors.
- Fix: Scrollable tab bar on iOS13.
- Fix: Crash if audio permission is denied.
- Disable refresh rate limit for value view elements for more fluent feedback.
File format update to version 1.10
- Audio output now supports parametric tone and white noise generation.
- New analysis modules: interpolate, loess and sort.
- New functions in formula node: min, max and heaviside.
- New attributes to preset timed run parameters.
- New attribute “cycles” for every analysis module, which determines in which runs the module is used.
- New attribute to send blocks of network connection service “http/post” to switch between JSON arrays and JSON numbers.
- New response conversion function “none” for network connections, which is now the default.
- New graph attribute unitYperX to explicitly set a unit for the slope (i.e. y/x).
- Optimization attribute removed. (This was added very little advantage but a lot of confusion.)
- Transfer of experiment configurations now supports requesting the transfer from a second characteristic (especially useful if you are using an Arduino library that does not support reacting to subscriptions).